A daily update on the best property values in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Posted October 25, 2014 by William Etling
Wanted: an experienced, ethical colleague who knows the Valley. Call Bill, (805) 688-1112.
- Los Alamos 3 bed, 3 bath condo $344,000
- Los Olivos 3/2 on .17 ac $775,000
- New listing on San Marcos, 3/2 + studio apt $785,000
- New listing on Alta St 3/3 $795,000
- 22.8 acre 3/3 fixer in Oak Trail Ranch $825,000
- Grand Ave 3/4 $925,000
- Oak Trail Estates, 12 acre 4/3 ready for your remodel, $1,250,000
- 4 bed 3.5 bath 15 acre view home, outstanding foreclosure buy $1,375,000
- Lushly landscaped estate on 5 acres features a 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath main home and waterfront deck fronting a one acre private pond with waterfall. There is a fully permitted 1200 square foot 2 bedroom, 2 bath second residence with kitchen, plus 3,260 square feet of additional storage and garage space, two more bathrooms, and 2,380 square feet of covered porch, .5 acre of syrah and .3 acre of sauvignon blanc grapes. $2,700,000
- Los Olivos 11.4 acre 7800 square foot 6 bed 5 bath, pool $3,100,000
- Oak Trail Estates: 21 acres, 4200 square foot 4 bed, 4.5 bath, saltillo tile floors, great room with vaulted ceiling, fireplace, large open kitchen. 5 stall barn with tack room, laundry, bath and breeding facility, hay barn, hot walker, round pen, riding arena and paddocks with shelters. Fenced and cross fenced, with access to miles of riding trails. $3,300,000
The daily hotsheet details new listings, price changes, contingencies and closings in the last 24 hours. SYVMLS reports 35 October deals, 44 September sales. Buyers, no need to call around, we are happy to help you with any listing in the Valley at no cost to you, just name a price range and with 24 hours notice we will set up a full tour of available homes. Put 30+ years of local knowledge on your team, call (805) 688-0500 now. Like us on Facebook for listing alerts and the Adventures Of Andy. Photo of the day:William Etling photo
Lakefront living – this lushly landscaped estate includes a 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath main home and waterfront deck fronting a one acre private pond with waterfall. The accessory building includes a fully permitted 1200 square foot, 2 bedroom, 2 bath second residence with kitchen plus 3,260 square feet of additional hobby/exercise/storage/warehouse/garage space, two additional bathrooms and 2,380 square feet of covered porch. This second residence has its own address, 3730 Roblar. There is .5 acre of syrah and .3 acre of sauvignon blanc grapes, all on a 5 acre parcel. $2,700,000
Dispatches From Los Olivos
Santa Ynez Valley history, information and insights by William Etling.
Where the sand meets the sea
Posted May 9, 2014 by William Etling
One of the truly great things about life here is an astonishing collection of beaches within a 30 minute drive. From Isla Vista‘s sweeping sands to the Guadalupe dunes, there are state parks (El Capitan, Refugio, Gaviota, Oso Flaco Dunes), free beaches, county parks (Goleta Beach, Jalama, Ocean Beach, Point Sal), even an Air Force beach (Surf), windswept and wild.