A daily update on the best property values in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Posted July 30, 2014 by William Etling
Join us! We have room in our delightful office in the heart of the vineyard village for an experienced, ethical colleague who knows the Valley. Call Bill, (805) 688-1112 or 688-0500.
- Los Alamos 3 bed, 3 bath condo $349,000
- New listing – Buellton 4 bed, 3.5 bath Juliette Walk townhome, $434,900 now in escrow
- Short sale 2/1 fixer in Los Olivos $499,000
- Los Olivos 4/2 on .3 acre $799,000
- New LO listing 3/2 on /17 ac $799,000
- New listing on Alta in LO 3/2 .25 acre $810,000
- SY Oaks 5 bedroom 3 bath on .9 acre $895,000
- LO 3/3 on .18 acre $915,000
- LO 3/2 on .46 acre, $995,000
- Early American charm, 3/4 on .9 acre $1,350,000
- Top of the world views, 3200 sf 4/3 on 10 acres $1,495,000
- Gorgeous view home on 20 acres was $2,200,000 now $1,699,000
- Los Olivos – Flat 10 acres with 4 bed 3 bath 4300 sf home, pool $1,999,999 Newly listed – this lushly landscaped estate on 5 acres features a 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath main home and waterfront deck fronting a one acre private pond with waterfall. The accessory building includes a fully permitted 1200 square foot 2 bedroom, 2 bath second residence with kitchen plus 3,260 square feet of additional storage and garage space, two more bathrooms, and 2,380 square feet of covered porch. The second residence has its own address, 3730 Roblar. There is .5 acre of syrah and .3 acre of sauvignon blanc grapes. $2,700,000
- 21 acre foothill estate: a 4200 sq.ft. ranch style home. 4 bed., 4.5 bath., saltillo tile floors, great room with vaulted ceiling, fireplace, large open kitchen with all the amenities. Patio with built in BBQ, outdoor kitchen and fireplace. Patio off kitchen looks out to an expanse of lawn and views of the coastal mountain range. Office has beveled glass doors, and floor to ceiling book shelves. Master bedroom has a fireplace, walk-in closet and french doors. There is also a guest wing. At the entrance to the home is a pond with waterfall and across the lawn is a temperature controlled wine cave with 1500+ bottle capacity. A two car garage, carport and storage shed. Behind the house is a heated hen house and enclosed garden area. The ranch has a 5 stall barn with tack room, laundry, bath and breeding facility, hay barn, hot walker, round pen, riding arena and paddocks with shelters. Property is fenced and cross fenced, with access to miles of riding trails. $3,300,000
The daily hotsheet details new listings, price changes, contingencies and closings in the last 24 hours. SYVMLS reports 49 July deals so far, 58 June escrows. Buyers, no need to call around, we are happy to help you with any listing in the Valley at no cost to you, just name a price range and with 24 hours notice we will set up a full tour of available homes. Put 30+ years of local knowledge on your team, call (805) 688-0500 now. Like us on Facebook for listing alerts and the Adventures Of Andy. Photo of the day: Southern sunset by Will Etling.
Lakefront living – this lushly landscaped estate includes a 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath main home and waterfront deck fronting a one acre private pond with waterfall. The accessory building includes a fully permitted 1200 square foot, 2 bedroom, 2 bath second residence with kitchen plus 3,260 square feet of additional hobby/exercise/storage/warehouse/garage space, two additional bathrooms and 2,380 square feet of covered porch. This second residence has its own address, 3730 Roblar. There is .5 acre of syrah and .3 acre of sauvignon blanc grapes, all on a 5 acre parcel. $2,700,000
Dispatches From Los Olivos
Santa Ynez Valley history, information and insights by William Etling.
Where the sand meets the sea
Posted May 9, 2014 by William Etling
One of the truly great things about life here is an astonishing collection of beaches within a 30 minute drive. From Isla Vista‘s sweeping sands to the Guadalupe dunes, there are state parks (El Capitan, Refugio, Gaviota, Oso Flaco Dunes), free beaches, county parks (Goleta Beach, Jalama, Ocean Beach, Point Sal), even an Air Force beach (Surf), windswept and wild.